Position: Operator - Furnace
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting to: Plant Manager
Location: Montgomery, AL
Position Purpose: Use knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of heat exchanger units.
1. Perform Furnace Start-up & Shut down duties
2. Determine cores mix to ensure proper braze cycle.
3. Determine proper load sequencing to ensure successful braze and minimize cosmetic damage
4. Proficient in assessment and determination of a properly assembled and banded core.
5. Ability to read and understand core prints.
6. Quality process checks: fin bond, fin/inch, color check, light check for leaks, as needed a. Know what actions need to be done to fix all the issues listed above.
7. Reads and interprets work orders and instructions in order to determine work assignments, process specifications, and production schedules.
8. Monitors equipment operations, gauges, and panel lights in order to detect deviations from standards.
9. Transports materials and products to and from work areas, manually or using carts, hand trucks, or hoists.
10. Preventive maintenance
a. Assist with scheduling preventive maintenance
b. Perform all scheduled maintenance assigned.