Love What You Do.
Room & Board, a national retailer of modern furniture, is looking for a Furniture Delivery Driver / Product Assembler to join our Oak Brook Delivery team.
If you are looking to join a small, collaborative team, where you wear multiple hats, where the standards are high and the customer service is second to none, we invite you to consider joining us. You’ll enjoy both customer focused work as a Furniture Delivery Driver (50%±) and more hands on, individualized work as a Product Assembler/Inspector (50%±) – both having a significant impact on customer service.
As a Furniture Delivery Driver (50%±). with Room & Board, you’re not just a “delivery” person. You’re a confident professional who takes great pride in building rapport with our customers and serving as a strong brand ambassador of both our products and reputation. You’ll work with a delivery partner (two-person delivery teams) to deliver a variety of beautiful, well-constructed home furnishings to the homes and businesses of our local customers.
As a Product Assembler (50%±) with Room & Board, you are responsible for ensuring our customers receive furniture, representative of the high-quality products they purchased in our retail stores or online. You’ll pull, inspect and use a variety of hand-held power tools to assemble and prepare furniture for our delivery teams. You’ll take great pride and enjoy working with our beautiful, handcrafted furniture. You focus equally on safety and a job well done.
You’ll work a Tuesday - Saturday schedule from 6:30 a.m.to 3:00 p.m. with occasional paid overtime.
Location: 2525 West 22nd Street Oak Brook, IL 60523
The qualities you’ll bring:
- You’re athletic –including core strength, agility and stamina. You enjoy the freedom of working outside the confines of an office and appreciate the challenge a variety of experiences each day brings while working with customers in their homes and businesses.
- You enjoy working with your hands and have an eye for fine details. You take pride in the details as you work with solid wood and other natural materials and ensure products and materials meet the high standards our customers expect.
- You’re an effective communicator who also values the need to appropriately over communicate. You pay close attention to details. If issues arise, you’re innovative and quick to resolve them. You appreciate being empowered to solve problems using your own discretion and making things right for the customer.
- You’re empathetic and sensitive to being in a customer’s home or business. You approach each unique customer with care and agility and feel a great sense of satisfaction in creating an exceptional delivery experience. You take the utmost care working safely and handling product with attention to detail.
- You bring a great sense of camaraderie and appreciate the close relationships you’ll develop with your team. You value a professional work place where you work in collaboration with your peers and the broader team.
Delivering furniture requires a great deal of stamina; consequently our Furniture Delivery Drivers take great pride in staying in shape and working safely. To successfully perform this role, you must be able to drive a 24-foot box truck (training provided) and carry heavy items with the assistance of your Delivery partner and/or proper lifting equipment. Additionally, you’ll be open to being cross-trained in other roles and understand at times (typically to cover vacations, etc.) you’ll be asked to work in other warehouse-related roles throughout the delivery center. A pre-employment physical will be conducted along with a drug screen and safe driving record.
What we offer:
- A guaranteed salary + overtime.
- A comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, three weeks of paid vacation, a matching 401(k), an annual health and wellness reimbursement up to $300 and more.
To view all benefits offered by Room & Board, click here.
To learn more about working at Room & Board, visit www.roomandboard.com/careers
Throughout their career, our Furniture Delivery Associates enjoy the ability to explore additional opportunities to grow in their roles, consider other roles within the company and support our communities.
About Our Company
Our collaborative spirit leaves little room for bureaucracy and cumbersome rules. Instead we keep it simple, take accountability, solve problems and ultimately do the right thing. We believe in each other.
Room & Board is a privately held, national retailer of modern home furnishings based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with locations across the country. Since 1980, we’ve been providing extraordinary experiences for our customers as we help them create homes they love. We create exclusive contemporary designs and believe expertly crafted American-made furniture offers the best value in terms of quality, design longevity and environmental sustainability.
We seamlessly serve our customers through 16 stores, a robust e-commerce site, Business Interiors channel and Customer Care support. Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.
Building common ground through understanding and shared experiences.
We’re better together.