The purpose of the Arbor Summer Internship Program in participation with the Future Housing Leaders program is to promote diversity in the housing industry by providing students with diverse backgrounds, a professional learning experience within the commercial mortgage industry. This program will provide the opportunity to current college students to gain career exposure and on-the-job experience while also helping them to better understand Arbor and our business.
The main function of this position will be to support the Screening Department by analyzing multifamily loan opportunities and recommending financing options using Arbor’s various loan products.
The Screening Intern will assist in the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Collect, review, and analyze financial exhibits & market data for debt structure modeling in Excel
- Conduct preliminary credit reviews
- Conduct due diligence of the borrower
- Complete market research through third party information sources
- Coordinate with the originator and the underwriting department in the processing of the applications.
In addition, the intern will be provided with Learning Sessions where the intern will be presented with an in-depth look into the “day in the life of” within their department, the department’s function within the company, as well as industry related information. These learning sessions will be an opportunity for the interns to get a complete look at the company and not only their department. It will also serve as an open forum for the interns to ask questions and learn how some of our employees got started in the industry, as well as other career success experienced here at Arbor.
Education: Must be a Bachelor’s degree candidate in Finance, Economics or a related discipline with an interest in commercial real estate finance
- Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be a quick learner, and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy
- Must have the ability to work alone as well as with others to reach a common goal
- Possess excellent analytical, communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills a plus
- Familiarity with Real Estate and Finance a plus