Are you passionate about Early Childhood Education? Do you love teaching? Then we want you to join our family!
Little Sunshine's Playhouse and Preschool is currently looking for energetic and passionate teachers to join our team! We are looking for a head teacher to help create a fun environment while incorporating educational programs that assist in our children's development.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Manage all responsibilities outlined for Lead Teacher. In some schools, head teachers are also lead teachers (assigned to a classroom).
- Intentionally focus on staff and family retention
- Manage ratios
- Assist and mentor all LSP teachers in regard to curriculum, lesson planning, LuvNotes, and classroom-related questions as needed.
- Be available to any classroom that needs additional adult support during breaks and absences or improved classroom management.
- Review Developmental Checklists/Portfolios
- Complete objective classroom observations
- Provide the assistant director and program director support in completing weekly inspections
- Develop relationships with families for better customer service;
- Assist with enforcing sick child policy;
- Participate in parent/teacher conferences;
- Model and support teachers with positive classroom/behavior management;
- Actively participate in monthly head teacher calls;
- Assist in enforcing Staff Handbook policies (e.g., dress code, cell phone use, communication with children, family-style meals);
- Encourage teachers to actively engage on company communication tools and assist in ongoing monthly curriculum projects.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the position in order to offer children and parents consistency.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. approximately 100 times per day/shift.
- Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching reaching, pulling, pushing, grasping, hearing, talking, and repetitive motion are physical requirements of the position.
- Understand the role of and fill in for assistant director responsibilities as needed.
- Meet and exceed all state Child Care Licensing requirements
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Possess a teamwork mindset, strong communication skills, organization skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to build rapport with children, families and peers
Benefits Our Teachers Enjoy:
- Health, vision, dental
- Childcare discounts
- Paid time off
- Paid training hours
- Teacher appreciation activities
Little Sunshine's Playhousemaintains a reputation of unrivaled distinction in childcare and serves as a castle for a "once upon a time" experience that enables each child to develop their imagination and grow socially and academically. Unique characteristics and state-of-the-art services distinguish Little Sunshine's Playhouse as the premierearly childhood education program.
Compensation based on education and experience.