Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Fleet Mechanic is responsible for service work, troubleshooting, diagnostic, state inspections within the shop for semi-trailers and route trucks. This also includes road call work as needed, and body repair.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Competitive starting pay: $23.07/hour
- Growing organization
- BBU specific wellness and discount programs available to take advantage of
- Paid Time Off
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform all mechanical repairs needed to all types of vehicles/equipment and to make proper decisions to make sure all vehicles/equipment are ready to safely operate when needed.
- Inspection of truck to verify that there are no DOT infractions and repair as required.
- Provide Preventative Maintenance and Federal Inspections of the location’s area Fleet Trucks and Trailers.
- Perform light and heavy duty repairs.
- Using hand tools, electric drills, and air tools.
- Worker is subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current and moving objects carrying considerable weight and force.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the Region while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to attend service calls with courtesy and professionalism