Applications accepted from: All Persons Interested
Division: Recreation and Wellness
Section: Golf Operations
Workdays & Hours Varies
*Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhance the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking a Gardener to join its Recreation and Wellness/Golf Operations team. The potential candidate will play a key role in the following duties:
- Perform horticultural duties such as planting, pruning, fertilization and other tasks needed for general care and maintenance of planting areas.
- Review planting plans and provide update on plant and insect problems.
- Keep records on inventory, scheduling and routine maintenance in relation to plantings.
- Maintain and clean equipment and tools.
- Perform other duties as requested.
The position involves considerable physical exertion, such as regular climbing of ladders, lifting of heavy objects (up to 80 pounds) on a highly frequent basis and/or assuming awkward positions for long periods of time. There are routine exposures to significant levels of heat, cold, moisture and air pollution. The position may involve periodic exposure to chemical substances and physical trauma of a minor nature such as cuts, bruises and minor burns.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Various, Texas
Agency: Parks and Recreation