First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is looking to employ Board Certified/Board Eligible Gastroenterologists to join their successful employed physician group on the West Coast of Florida. Sarasota is located approximately 60 minutes south of Tampa. The area is known for the arts, great restaurants, world class beaches, excellent schools and a wide variety of activities for all ages.
First Physicians Group is one of Florida's gulf coast's leaders in primary and specialty care with an impressive 25-year history in the community. With 240+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in 29 different specialties and 42 practice locations, it is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
Sarasota Memorial is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its overall quality. It is the only hospital in Florida and one of just 52 across the nation to maintain their top rating since 2016.
The group is opening a premier Gastroenterology practice in Sarasota, Florida based on Sarasota Memorial Hospitals Main Campus. The Gastroenterology practice will reside in a specialty-specific building adjacent to the main hospital which will include a state of the art ambulatory surgery center and clinic, set to open October 2020. Additionally, Sarasota Memorial is opening a 56-bed Comprehensive Cancer Institute on the Main Campus by October 2021. The size and diversity of the campus, as well as tremendous inpatient and outpatient volume, offers opportunity for recruitment of Gastroenterologists of all skill sets and interests. The Gastroenterology Division will be comprised of an Interventional Endoscopy Section as well as a section of General Gastroenterology and presents an opportunity for academic affiliation and/or appointment from Florida State University College of Medicine.
Highlights of the position include:
- High volume and efficiently run endoscopy unit with more than 7,500 endoscopic procedures performed annually at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- State of the art equipment and generous budget for fostering new technologies and equipment
- Procedures currently performed include: EGD, Colonoscopy, Diagnostic and Interventional EUS, ERCP, Single Balloon Enteroscopy, Endoscopic Resection, Ablation of Barrett Esophagus, Capsule Endoscopy, and High Resolution Esophageal Manometry
- Opportunity for dedicated inpatient, outpatient or hybrid employment positions
- Academic appointment and education of Florida State University Medical Students and Sarasota Memorial Hospital IM and ER Residents is available if interested in teaching.
- Excellent relationships with First Physicians Group Primary Care, Inpatient Medical Hospitalist and Surgical Divisions.
- Competitive salary with productivity, quality incentives and a full array of benefits - CME, PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, 403B Retirement Plan, and much more.
- Licensed in the State of Florida is required, but we will accept CVs from physicians interested in applying for a FL license.
- We are a not-for-profit entity. Physicians can participate in the PSLF program if employed by FPG.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity.
Please contact Joelle Hennesey, MHA, CPRP, Senior Manager of Physician Services, at 941-917-2818 or Joelle-Hennesey@smh.com if you would like to learn more about this opportunity.