Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01297136 Date posted 03/12/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The Gatorworks Military Engines Program manager will lead a diverse program support and engineering team through technology development, transition and demonstrations supporting the P&W next generation advanced engine technology portfolio. This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Gatorworks organization developing the critical technologies to support the next generation of P&W products. This position provides responsibility for multiple Government and internally funded programs / propulsion system studies, engine demos and technology rigs, focused on positioning P&W for future opportunities.,
GATORWORKS was established to meet an ambitious and urgent goal: To cut the cost and lead-time of Technology and Product Development in half. We have already demonstrated that this is possible through a combination of agile practices, dedicated teams and innovative thinking. To accomplish these goals on a consistent basis, are building an agile, empowered and extremely high performing team - founded on a culture of excellence, creative problem solving, and a willingness to take calculated risks. The GW organization combines the efficiency, agility, and unconstrained bounds of a small start-up, with the discipline and engineering rigor of the world's leading propulsion company.
We are looking for people with the following characteristics:
- A desire to roll up their sleeves and act with urgency
- A willingness to challenge the status quo then propose and implement elegant and effective solutions
- An agile mindset -focus on the outcome, leverage an iterative approach, and display the flexibility to adapt to new information
- The experience and judgment to assess risk then balance action and analysis
- Clear and unwavering commitment to serving our Customers and achieving our Mission
The selected candidate will:
- Manage technology programs in support of P&W strategic goals.
- Working with weapon system contractors (WSC) and Government Customers.
- Support program MPR's and IPMT's
- Lead proposal development to meet customer expectations and win programs based on P&W strategic goals.
- Lead multi-functional teams maintaining alignment with P&W strategic goals and Interface with P&W Military engines senior management as required.
- Manage program to EVMS and IMS requirements
The successful candidate will have technical and, project/program management experience to efficiently execute complex program activities. Strong communication and presentation skills required. Using the framework of PW 1.5 L2, as well as ACE tools and metrics, the individual may lead program(s) in delivering to technical and programmatic requirements. The individual selected will need to be flexible in responding to evolving program needs throughout the execution of the activities.
BS degree required; a degree in an engineering discipline preferred. An advanced business degree would be highly valued.
Required: 5+ years of experience in program and/or project management.
Preferred: This assignment requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and the ability to make sound decisions consistent with program strategies. Daily interactions with a dynamic engineering, contract, legal and finance team will be required. Both concise and positive written and oral communications skills are strong assets. Working knowledge of P&W EV and IMS tools a plus.
Additional Comments U.S. citizenship and ability to maintain a security clearance required. Export Compliance experience is a plus. Travel is limited; less than 10% anticipated.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms