When you love what you do, it�s more than a job. It�s a passion, and a Mission.
As a member of the Goodwill production team you will be responsible for processing and sorting the donations provided by our community. You can expect to build relationships with team members, follow processes and procedures, and see the real impact you are having on the lives of others. We strongly believe in promoting from within, and provide many growth and promotional opportunities for dedicated workers.
We are seeking quick, task-oriented individuals to help with the daily processing of donations. This is a great job for someone seeking to enter (or re-enter) the work force while supporting the mission of Goodwill.
Right now our Tacoma, WA Outlet store is seeking a Full Time Production Worker to work at our gauntlet station.
Salary Range: $13.50/Hour
The Ideal candidate is someone who;
- Is focused on safety
- Shows up to work everyday
- Has a great attitude
- Is able to work as a team
- Follows production schedules
- Is flexible and ready to learn
- Maintain attention to detail
- Is able to lift 25lbs to 50lbs.
We Have You Covered:
Full time employees will enjoy health care, vacation, life insurance, as well as other benefits.
All employees receive merchandise discounts.
We strongly believe in promoting from within, and have multiple avenues for career growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloads sacks, boxes, and miscellaneous donated items from trucks into donation carts and transports them to proper processing or storage areas.
- Sorts goods into appropriate categories
- Inspects items for salability.
- Records and keeps daily production records.
- Monitors and reports supply needs to supervisor.
- Assists the supervisor with training of employees and clients and performs quality control evaluations.
- Ensures the area stays clean, well-organized and safe.
Other duties may be assigned.
At Goodwill we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. We embrace our employees� differences, and believe in meeting the members of our workforce and their communities where they are. Since our doors first opened in 1921, we have been changing lives by offering a hand up, not a hand out. We invite you to join us for our next 100 years of service to our neighbors.
Our Mission is to help people reach their fullest potential through individual education, job placement and career pathway services made possible by community donations, purchases and partnerships.
At Goodwill, we welcome people with diverse backgrounds, including persons with disabilities or other disadvantages. In fact, a substantial portion of our employees have a disability and/or economic disadvantage and we strongly encourage such persons to apply.
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact DHS at 1-888-464-4218.