Startyour future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As apart of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems andsolutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, publicsafety, information, and our planet. It’s unique work. It’s challenging andrewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culturethrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your wholeself to work, and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they’re making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a PrincipalSoftware. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based StrategicDeterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program .
Whatyou will get to do, specific duties to include, but are not limited to thefollowing:
Clearing obstacles fromthe team, and protecting the team from interruptions and distractions.
Addressing teamdynamics, and ensuring a good relationship between product owner and team.
Coaching the scrum teamto adhere to the Agile principles and good DevSecOps practices.
Responsible forfacilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospectivemeetings.
Ensuring responsivenessof applications.
Seeing through aproject from conception to finished product.
Meeting both technicaland consumer needs.
Staying abreast ofdevelopments in web applications and programming languages.
Strong organizationaland project management skills.
Collaborates withSystems and Quality Engineers to ensure software requirements are met
Performs software peerreviews, version control, automated tests, software analysis, continuousintegration, and continuous deliver in accordance with DevSecOps processes andbest practices
Performs code qualitymanagement and corrects defects
Designing anddeveloping APIs.
Coordinates with HW/SWteam to perform retests and regression tests once defects are corrected
Candidate should havestrong experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Travis CIor Circle CI.
As a full-time employee of NorthropGrumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits packageincluding:
Medical, Dental &Vision coverage
Employee AssistancePrograms & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & WellnessResources
This position’s standard work scheduleis a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Mondaythrough Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience; or 3 Years with Masters; or 0 Years with PhD
- US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
- Strong experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Travis CI or Circle CI
- Strong experience with deployment automation tools such as chef, puppet or ansible
- Experience with working in a fast pace, agile environment with the ability to work on cross-function Scrum team focused on quality and capability delivery
- Experience with Java/C/C++ development and/or front-end web development including
- Familiarity with DevSecOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Familiarity with distributed version control software (Git, Mercurial)
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming), Scaled Agile Framework – SAFe for Lean Enterprises
- Experience in Scrum Team roles, either as a Scrum Master or Product Owner
- A Servant-Leader mindset to remove impediments from the Scrum team
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.