Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It’s unique work. It’s challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a DevSecOps Staff Software Engineer. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program .
Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do, specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Designs, develops and tests displays, controls and functionality
Designs, develops and tests simulation software for use in high fidelity simulation based training systems; training systems may include a combination of console and weapon system simulations, virtual reality, and augmented reality
Design and develop artificial intelligence algorithms to tutor, assess and evaluate learner knowledge
Develops and maintains databases to monitor and analyze learner and system performance
Collaborates with Systems and Quality Engineers to ensure software requirements are met
Performs software peer reviews, version control, automated tests, software analysis, continuous integration, and continuous delivery in accordance with DevSecOps processes and best practices
Performs code quality management and corrects defects
Coordinates with HW/SW team to perform retests and regression tests once defects are corrected
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Lfe Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Bachelor'sdegree and 14 years of relevant experience; or 12 Years with Masters; 9 Yearswith PhD
Musthave an Active DoD Secret Clearance with adjudication in the last 6 years
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Experience in software development on a real time operating system
- Experience writing software to meet safety standards
- Experience using and/or setting up a DevSecOps pipeline
- Familiarity with common source control tools (git, Mercurial, etc.) and automated build system workflows (Jenkins, Go, etc.)
- Exposure to the Agile methodology
- Familiarity with virtual machine technology
- Ability to understand secure / insecure programming concepts (format string vulnerabilities, heap overflows, etc.)
- Strong experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Travis CI or Circle CI
- Strong experience with deployment automation tools such as chef, puppet or ansible
- Experience with working in a fast pace, agile environment with the ability to work on cross-function Scrum team focused on quality and capability delivery
- Experience with Java/C/C++ development and/or front-end web development including
- Familiarity with DevSecOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Familiarity with distributed version control software (Git, Mercurial)
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming), Scaled Agile Framework – SAFe for Lean Enterprises
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.