A Place to Build Your Future
Hearthside Foods Solutions, the food industry's largest contract manufacturer, has openings for general labor positions. If working in a fast-paced, world-class production environment interests you, Hearthside is a great opportunity.
Hearthside is a new kind of food company, and the industry's largest contract manufacturer. You won't find our logo on store shelves, but our passion for quality and efficiency is evident in every product we make.
Founded in 2009, today we operate 38 production facilities in eight states, employing over 10,000 people. In an industry growing at 2%, we made the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list three straight years. With fast growth comes opportunity, for our company and our employees. Our customers are some of the world's finest food companies.
Hearthside Foods offers health, 401k, dental, and vision benefits.
Packing Production Associate General Statement of duties:
* Intermittently verify Lot code information is on the bars that you are packing. If lot code information is missing or eligible advise the machine operator. Monitor the lot code information for readability during every 30 minutes of the shift. Make sure it matches the daily lot code information sheet as directed by the department supervisor or QA
* Pack cartons with product and make sure all bars that are packed have been oriented in conjunction with the customer specification for their product or as directed by your supervisor or lead person. Please check with QA or your supervisor if you are unsure or are in doubt about the orientation of the bars
* Inspect product packages to ensure product registration is within product specifications as described by QA or your supervisor. If product is not with in specification, contact the Machine operator and advise them of the problem
* Monitor and remove scrap from line. Do NOT pack product that the packaging seals have been visibly compromised under any circumstance
* Keep area clean and free of congestion (Manage product overflow trays)
* During " Down Time" or no product flowing from the wrappers. Make sure the "Product Overflow Trays" when present, are being worked in to finished cases. These trays will be present during the day if the line is experiencing mechanical down time. Wrapped bar will be accumulated into trays to be packed into cartons in the event of "Down Time" or at the end of the shift
* During "Down Time" if no product over flow trays are available open and inspect for re-wrap any and all product scrap that has been accumulated
* Prevent any and all product from falling on the floor wrapped and unwrapped
* Assist with other duties as directed by supervision or management
Packing Production Associate General Requirements:
Education Equivalent to completion of High School
English Speaking or Bi-lingual
Ability to lift a minimum of 25 to 30 pounds
Demonstrate positive interpersonal Skills
Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image
Ability to perform the essential function and requirements of the job
6 months to 1 year in manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled