The General Accounting Analyst will be a key contributor to the financial close process by performing accounting functions within the Small Business Services (SBS) business unit. This individual will partner primarily with the external business and distributor partners, Small Business (SB) Senior Manager, and other SB Finance team members, to ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting.
- Responsible for general ledger accounting and analysis for assigned Company Owned Divisions (COD) / Business Acquisitions & Mergers (BAM). Prepare journal entries, account analysis, and accrual calculations with minimal supervision.
- Research and resolve questions related to COD/BAM accounting and reporting. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with distributor personnel.
- Responsible for timely completion of month-end, quarter-end and year-end close, reporting, and other duties such as financial reports and account summaries.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations, ensuring variances are reconciled and resolved timely by engaging the appropriate business partners.
- Monitors and analyzes existing processes to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Provide ad-hoc project support and business unit analysis as needed; this includes support for acquisition and divestiture activity.
- Perform SOX testing and review procedures as part of Corporate SOX processes.
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company.
Education: Bachelors in Accounting or related field required
Experience : 4-6 years of experience in accounting
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Ability to perform work under minimal supervision
- Ability to apply quantitative, problem solving, and research skills
- Strong Excel skills (VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc.)
- Results-oriented individual who is accountable and focused
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with various levels throughout the organization
- SAP system experience is a plus
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Associate
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional