Position: General Brand Manager
Department: Remote-Store Operations
Reports to: District Manager
Direct Reports: Yes
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Park City Center - Lancaster, PA
FOREVER 21, is an American fast fashion retailer headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Originally known as Fashion 21, the first store was founded in Los Angeles on April 16, 1984. Forever 21 is known for its trendy offerings and low pricing. The company offers fashion for women, men, and children, fashion accessories, shoes, beauty products, and home goods.
Forever 21 continues to be a fashion industry leader with a mission to make the latest trends accessible to all. F21 persists on staying ahead of innovation and providing styles and fit that our customers love. While reinventing for now and beyond, we’re seeking passionate and creative new family members to join us on this adventure! F21 continues to operate E-commerce and 450 locations across the U.S. along with maintaining a strong brand DNA with consumers and within the fashion industry.
In February 2020, Forever 21 came under new ownership made up of Simon Property Group, Brookfield Property Partners, and Authentic Brands Group. Under this new ownership F21 has the financial strength and long-term view that will prepare us for the future, while continuing to set the same high standards as it always has. Join our team and learn the inner sanctum of the global fashion industry, while we build the new Forever 21!
The General Brand Manager (GM) will be the Customer Experience Leader! The GM will provide leadership and direction to the entire store team, exuding excitement and professional presence. The GM will oversee all aspects of store performance through customer experience, customer satisfaction, sales management, operational and personnel functions, as well as store visual aesthetics and environment. The GM must be the role model for our company, our customer first mentality and our culture.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Must demonstrate a strong customer focus
• Must be skilled in leadership, coaching, and training, sales generation, strategic planning, authentic customer experience, communication, conflict resolution, business acumen, time management, POS terminals, and general retail software proficiency
• Must be able to attract, recruit and retain top talent. Must have the skillset to train and develop staff into top performing leaders and brand ambassadors
• Must be able to provide feedback, develop others, embrace and lead change, and make clear and defined decisions
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able act with integrity and professionalism to ensure that all business is conducted without bias or prejudice
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, and work with cleaning chemicals
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including a minimum of 2 closing shifts per week and 2 full weekends per month
• Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred
• 3 to 5 years of retail management experience
• Be the Customer Experience Leader by analyzing customer service data in order to plan and strategize appropriately
• Foster development of management and brand ambassadors to ensure they are executing the company’s values and customer first mentality
• Leads and manages the store to drive selling, customer experiences and profitability
• Trains and develops teams through the Company’s Customer FIRST training model
• Create a culture that reflects a positive and rewarding experience with the company for both the customers and employees
• Set the tone and standards that drive customer satisfaction that will lead the business to be recognizable within the market
• Provide a quick response to customer inquiries and questions in an appropriate and efficient manner
• Oversee and maximize store volume and profit in accordance with store/company goals through excellent staffing, superb customer experience and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Monitor results by creating short-term and long-term strategies, processes, and events that ensure a positive in-store experience for both our store team and customers
• Lead talent selection, training, coaching, engagement, retention, and recognition initiatives for all store employees
• Define personal leadership development by utilizing company tools and programs, while also actively seeking feedback from the team members, peers, and leaders
• Oversee daily operations
• Utilize strong decision-making skills and discretion to establish business objectives and strategies
• Ensure service, merchandising, operational standards and Company credit initiative are met through company-defined practices and processes
• Address performance by initiating and administering action plans for all store employees
• Plan and promote the daily schedule of employees and the business which can include Kronos, staff schedules and payroll budgeting.
• Spend at least 60% of the shift performing Leader on Duty tasks
• Partner and work closely with DM and Corporate