General Clerk III - El Paso, TX
We are seeking a qualified individual to work in close daily coordination with the Environmental Division of the Directorate of Public Works at the Fort Bliss Army Reservation in El Paso, TX to provide administrative and clerical support as outlined below.
Fort Bliss Army Reservation is an active training facility located in the extreme western part of the State of Texas at El Paso and the south-central area of the State of New Mexico. The reservation occupies approximately 1.2 million acres covering two states and three counties. Our client, the Environmental Division of its Directorate of Public Works is responsible for the oversight of the installation's natural and cultural resources ensuring compliance with environmental policy, programs and legislation, managing the Region Environmental Program in support of the Army's environmental strategy for pollution prevention, compliance, restoration and conservation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain existing records and files for the division - all files shall be audit-ready at all times
- Attend staff calls and participate in division team meetings as needed
- Manipulate and sort comments in spreadsheets and provide real time input of comments and responses
- Maintain records of Division vehicle usage and repair. Coordinate vehicle safety inspections
- Maintain a log of taskers and their associated suspense dates that affect Compliance and/or Conservation Branches (both to and from) that will be updated daily
- Prepare and review division correspondence in accordance with current Army and base regulations
- Maintain government time and attendance records for all government employees in an audit-ready state at all times
- Maintain and monitor a visitor control record and ensure visitors are appropriately directed
- Perform miscellaneous support work including, but not limited to: operating a government furnished large format scanner, copier or photocopying; coordination or report preparation and photo-reproduction, word processing; operation of miscellaneous web based and other programs to include but not limited to EPAS Database and PCAR Database; routing of documents within Fort Bliss; and providing military units with required paperwork to correct EPAS findings
- Update hand receipt holder accounting with the maintenance and miscellaneous reporting of the Division's property book program, including but not limited to inventory, data management, tracking, distribution, collection, turn-in and storage of the division's property
- Provide support with the Defense Travel System for government employees as required
- Support any special events such as Earth Day, Armed Forces Day, and other events to support the environmental mission
- Perform other administrative support functions as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School grad required
- Minimum of two years working with Army environmental processes and documentation requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Experience performing related administrative functions
- Ability and proficiency to use Microsoft (MS) Office® software to prepare and modify reports, documents and data tracking
- Ability to communicate complex regulatory concepts and requirements to personnel lacking a technical background in simple, succinct, and comprehensible language
- Ability to obtain Fort Bliss driver-training cards and operate a motor vehicle
ABOUT CHEROKEE NATION: Building, Solving, Serving
Cherokee Nation is the largest federally recognized tribe in the United States. The tribal government works to build an economic footprint that makes local and regional economies flourish. One of the drivers of Cherokee Nation's prosperity and stability is Cherokee Nation Businesses (CNB), the independent holding company that builds the tribe's diverse economic portfolio.
For the past 50 years, CNB has operated companies serving a wide variety of industries. Whether it's hospitality and gaming or providing strategic services to the federal government, CNB blends its heritage of ingenuity with modern business experience to build strategic business solutions, solve complex challenges and serve clients around the world.
In 2017, CNB generated more than $1 billion in revenue and has more 6,500 employees across the globe. Each year, 100 percent of its profits are reinvested in strengthening local communities and growing the economy through commerce and job creation.
CNB is headquartered in Tulsa, Okla. and has regional offices in the following locations;
- Columbia, Maryland
- Crystal City, Virginia
- Denver, Colorado
- Dover, Delaware
- Ft. Collins, Colorado
- Huntsville, Alabama
- San Antonio, Texas
- Shirley, Massachusetts
- Tampa, Florida
Federal contracting has become a core competency of CNB over the past six years. CNB has 30 active companies who market to the federal government focusing on six service lines; technology, health sciences, consulting, environmental and construction, engineering and manufacturing and distribution and logistics.
Since 2012, these companies have won more than $3.15 billion in federal contracting dollars and have served more than 60 federal agencies.
APPLY ONLINE at w ww.cnjjobs.com
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com . This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.