This is a position that involves limited independent judgment. Duties include performing clerical work requiring application of various work methods and procedures, and familiarity with departmental functions, policies, and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Checks, analyzes, and classifies or alphabetizes materials, conducting limited research when necessary.
- Makes simple postings to various departmental records.
- Issues licenses, permits, certificates, writs, or other legal documents, and/or titles in accordance with departmental rules and regulations.
- Prepares reports involving tabulations or posted data and simple arithmetical calculations.
- Receives and issues receipts for payments for licenses, permits, certificates, bonds, services, etc.
- Indexes records and information.
- May receive, classify, and route incoming mail.
- May act as receptionist or telephone switchboard operator or as a backup for such a position.
- May operate typewriter, adding machine, calculator, copier, and/or other office machines.
- May conduct limited research of records for information relating to verification or location of other records or information.
- May microfilm records.
- May set appointments, if applicable.
- Performs other such duties as may be assigned.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires am minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of clerical experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of business, English, spelling, and arithmetic; office practices and procedures; departmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to maintain established records and files.
- Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems, seeking assistance when needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, and officials in other departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- May be required to type accurately at a speed of at least 35 wpm and/or operate a calculator by touch.
- May be required to be bondable.
This position is primarily performed in a climate controlled office setting.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster | EEO is the Law Supplement
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
EPPA English | EPPA Spanish
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
FMLA English | FMLA Spanish
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision