H.W. Kaufman Group/Burns & Wilcox is currently seeking an experienced General Counsel. This position will be responsible for providing strategic and procedural legal guidance including; corporate governance, regulatory issues, transactions, and other legal matters as needed.
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team, engaged on business/governance committees as a trusted advisor on legal and compliance programs and recommend management actions
- Assist on transactions; employment contracts; litigation
- Provide guidance and assistance to our Compliance team
- Make recommendations for best in class corporate governance practices, in addition to providing a responsible and responsive framework for strategic risk approach and mitigation
- Oversee analysis and advise on potential business impact of proposed and enacted statutes as well as proposed and adopted regulation
- Review and advise on a wide-range of corporate contracts, including IT service agreements and other vendor agreements
- Development and implementation of company-wide initiatives to achieve reduction of legal exposure
- Advise senior management on the legal ramifications of corporate decisions and organizational practices
- Liaising with outside counsel, when necessary
- J.D. required; prior experience practicing law, litigation experience preferred
- Knowledge of Property/Casualty insurance industry, including regulatory environment for admitted and non-admitted lines of business a plus
- Prior compliance experience a plus
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to find creative solutions on diverse matters requiring complex legal and strategic analysis
- Strong leadership and communication skills
About Our Company
H.W. Kaufman Group is a global network of companies dedicated to shaping the insurance industry. Our success is drawn from a collaboration of unique insights, an unparalleled depth of resources and the highest level of expertise.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The H.W. Kaufman Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.