Rapidly Growing Social Services Nonprofit
New York, NY
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Terrific opportunity for a General Counsel with a rapidly growing social services nonprofit in New York City with a budget in excess of $70 million. The position will be an integral member of the Executive team and serve as chief legal advisor, responsible for overseeing its legal affairs, including its in-house corporate affairs, policy initiatives, and real estate projects. The General Counsel will advise on matters of corporate governance, finance, contracts, risk management, real estate transactions and projects, and employment. The role will also monitor and manage litigation, including responding to subpoenas, overseeing violations, and working with outside counsel. Candidates must have a law degree from an accredited law school, be admitted to the NYS Bar and have approximately 7-10+ years of relevant experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership role. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Advise on matters of corporate governance, finance, contracts, risk management, real estate transactions
and projects, and employment;
- Counsel senior management and other staff on legal issues relating to programs, including legislative and
regulatory issues affecting the organization’s delivery of services;
- Share responsibility for developing real estate acquisition and management strategy;
- Monitor and manage litigation;
- Interface with Board on matters requiring approval;
- Supervise professional and administrative staff.
- Law degree from accredited law school;
- Admission to the New York State Bar;
- Minimum of seven years’ legal experience as a licensed attorney;
- Two to five years’ experience in a general counsel or comparable role;
- Knowledge of New York City real estate development.
Equal opportunity employer.