As General Counsel, you will accelerate the future of electric flight by leading and managing Joby’s corporate, commercial, and transactional legal needs. You’ll influence and shape Joby’s business and strategy, build and manage risk in our supply chain, and ensure that we are building the legal infrastructure needed to support an aerospace OEM and operator. You’ll have as much freedom and opportunity to grow as your experience and passion can support. We’re looking for a proactive and strategic leader, with a blend of aerospace and tech experience, that can effectively navigate highly regulated spaces.
- JD with 10+ years of relevant legal experience, including a mix of large law firm experience and in-house experience.
- Relevant experience in leading and growing a Legal department or team.
- Experience within aerospace preferred, but other hardware, manufacturing or highly regulated industries also relevant.
- A business-minded problem solver that can balance the competing needs, priorities and resources of a fast growing start-up.
- Familiarity with complex commercial contracting, both domestic and international, and management of supply chain contract management.
- Broad-based legal training and/or exposure, including: commercial contracts, litigation, IP, licensing, regulatory, compliance and employment.
- Demonstrated experience being forward thinking and proactive on legislative, regulatory and public policy issues.
- California bar license preferred.