HealthNet of Rock County is a free and charitable clinic serving Rock County individuals who are low-income, uninsured, or underinsured for medical, dental, vision and behavioral health services. HealthNet of Rock County, Inc. opened in 1994 as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization through the result of a needs assessment that identified a lack of affordable healthcare as one of the major problems in Rock County.
HealthNet of Rock County, Inc. seeks a driven, motivated part-time General Dentist (8-16 hours/week) who will help the organization make a significant difference in the community. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills with an interest in providing high-quality personalized care to patients in a community-based care setting.
The HealthNet Dental Clinic provides cleanings, fillings, extractions, and in some cases, specialty services. At this time, HealthNet of Rock County’s dental clinic sees patients who reside in Rock County. The dental clinic accepts uninsured and BadgerCare patients.
POSITION: General Dentist
REPORTS TO: CEO
HOURS SCHEDULED: 32 hours per week (occasional overtime work)
- Diagnose and provide appropriate dental treatment to patients, including regular cleanings, extractions, fillings, and limited root canals
- Educate patients and parents of patients on maintaining proper oral health
- Communicate with dental staff on organization’s team regarding patient treatment plans
- Prescribe medications as necessary
- Carefully document all medications, diagnoses, treatments and consultations
- Help create dentures to limited number of patients on a monthly basis.
- DDS, DMD or DD required
- Current license to practice dentistry, by start date.
- Excellent communication skills with friendly and professional demeanor
- Cultural competency and responsiveness to various diverse communities
· Set hourly pay rate (not based on production or collection rate)
· CE Opportunities and Malpractice Insurance are covered by organization
To apply for this position, please email Ian Hedges, CEO of HealthNet of Rock County, at email@example.com