General Labor, Bakery-Packing
Van Nuys, CA, US, 91406
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Title: General-Labor, Bakery-Packing
Shift: 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Under the supervision of the Packaging Supervisor or Production Supervisor, packs product according to case count and quality specifications.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures product units being packed are to quality and product specifications, including color, weight, height, length, appearance, and core temperature.
- Packs production units in cases, according to case pack specifications
- Inserts master case liner, baking instructions, and retail bags, as needed in formed cases, & ensures that finished cases have been accurately coded and identified.
- Places finished cases on pallets properly, and labels pallets correctly,& records packaging documents accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Prepares box cartons with accurate labels for packaged products, and/or ensures that box labeler is accurately labeling cases.
- Operates various packaging equipment, which may include but is not limited to metal detectors, product counters, case erector/bag inserters, conveyors, box labelers, box tapers, pallet jacks, pallet wrappers, and bag counters.
- Alerts Packaging Foreman, Packaging Lead or Production Supervisor when metal detector is kicking off product units, or when other machinery is not functioning properly.
- Places palletized cases in the holding freezer.
- Maintains sufficient materials for the Packaging Department, including but not limited to pallets, box cartons, box carton tape, master case inserts, baking instructions, pallet tags, correct retail bags, and correct box labels.
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
Education: Spanish and/or English literacy - elementary level.
Experience: Previous experience in an automated or semi-automated packing environment preferred. Forklift certification preferred.
License/Certification: No certifications or licenses are required. Forklift certification helpful.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is continuously exposed to cold (non-weather) conditions and to rapid changes in temperature, and is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and extreme heat or cold (non-weather). The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand or walk, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle or feel product, machinery controls or materials. Manual dexterity and utilization of both hands and all fingers is required. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend and stoop, and occasionally to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the aid of a co-worker. The employee must occasionally push/pull manual or automated pallet jacks and other equipment. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is occasionally expected to push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required.
Equipment Used on Job: Smock, hairnet, conveyor lines, Denester, scales, Rheon machine, pallet jack.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.