Packer / Labor Pool-1st shift
LOCATION: Klingerstown, PA
Skilled Track: Entry Level 1, $13.00
The purpose of the packer is to pack finished high quality frozen egg products in cases according to customer specifications. The packer fills and folds omelets and prepares them for freezing; monitors and picks off defective egg products that do not meet customer specifications. Customers and the public benefit from the work packers do by the high quality safe product they package.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sort and pack frozen egg products according to customer specifications while keeping pace with machinery and the conveyor system.
- Read scales and check case weights according to customer specifications.
- Lift and carry up to 30 lbs. safely.
- Work in teams ensuring that the conveyor system does not back up and become jammed with product
- Work at conveyor lines near the ovens preparing egg patties and/or omelets to be frozen.
- Rotate to different positions during shift.
- Determine if product meets proper specifications or not and take corrective action as needed.
- Assist in the general good housekeeping of the area.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF Level certification. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED
- No prior experience or training.
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and withstand constant motion.
- The ability to repeatedly lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Occasionally lift up to 55 lbs. safely when handling Chep pallets for hand stacking cases of finished outgoing product.
Whenever possible, two (2) people should lift or move these pallets. Never lift more than your own capability.
- The ability to work indoors, standing on hard surfaces, in changing temperatures varying between approximately 45 degrees F in the packaging area and approximately 90 degrees F near the ovens.
- Ability to rotate to different stations in packaging area and to the conveyor lines near the ovens.
- Ability to travel stairs.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic verbal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Safety regulations and wear Personal Protection Equipment
(PPE) as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position. Please apply online at http://mypost.postholdings.com