Perform a limited range and variety of assigned unskilled duties within the plant area and mill sections that include the Melting and Casting Shop, Rolling Mill, and Logistics as directed. Train and get qualified on entry level positions while safely helping making sure there is no interruptions in production.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Receive direction from supervisor and work from prescribed procedures, oral instructions and close direction.
- Work involves a variety of simple manual tasks, working as a member of a group, receiving guidance and instructions as to what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.
- Operate forklift truck, dump truck, and radio-controlled bridge crane to handle material such as refuse, scrap, sand, and alloys.
- Clean windows and floors, machinery and other equipment or apparatus. Collect and remove scrap, trash, garbage and other refuse.
- Load and unload trucks and freight cars.
- Truck or carry material, supplies and parts to warehouse, stockroom, or work areas.
- Operate switching mechanism on tracks.
- Couple and uncouple rail cars, set brakes or wheel blocks.
- Move or rearrange equipment, furniture and materials as directed.
- Assist in maintenance craft projects such as painting safety rails, erecting concrete forms, oiling and greasing equipment.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Basic Math and Reading Skills
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Heavy Manufacturing Preferred
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent