This is an entry-level position that will prepare the Team Member for a future in the environmental services industry. The primary purpose of the position is to maintain the cleanliness of the offices, maintenance area and equipment and to begin to learn the tools and equipment that are used on environmental projects.
- Accrued PTO beginning first day
- Built in overtime every week
- 8 paid holidays
- Excellent benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k)
- And most of all... STABILITY
- Learn, understand, and follow all safety, operational, and company rules, regulations and responsibilities.
- Perform site activities as directed by the Supervisor or Project Manager in accordance with EnviroServe Standard Operating Guidelines.
- Use small hand-tools, squeegees, shovels and brooms as well as wipes, absorbent boom and pads to contain and remediate impacted soils and waters.
- Assist in the set up and tear down of job site.
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform maintenance and cleaning activities safely as directed by team leader
- Use small hand-tools, squeegees, shovels, brooms and mops; use soap, water and cleansers, sponges and brushes
- Clean and organize shop benches and mechanic’s working areas; gather and empty trash
- Must have the ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and must have the ability to carry out written and oral instructions
- Must be able to meet the work schedule with dependability and consistency
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle
- Learn, understand, and follow all safety, operational, and company rules, regulations and responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Mechanical inclination is helpful
- Valid driver license and reliable transportation required
Employees are frequently required to stand and climb or balance. They are frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They are frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to perform manual labor outside in inclement weather
- Must be able to lift and carry materials or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders and work from stationary platforms at elevated heights.
- On an as needed basis, must be able to perform duties while wearing the appropriate PPE
For more information, email resumes to ErinSimpson@savageservices.com
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.