The Greens Maintenance General Laborer is a hands-on position performing mulching and landscaping work under the direction of the Maintenance Superintendent and First Assistant. This position is also responsible for the safe operation of small equipment such as greens mowers, fly-mowers, weed-eaters, and edgers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging.
- Mow and edge lawns using power mowers and edgers.
- Haul and spread straw and mulch in areas as directed.
- Operate small equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain equipment to ensure proper operation including checking the cooling system, refilling the fuel and oil daily, and daily cleaning of the equipment.
- Report any equipment issues or needed repairs to supervisor immediately.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by the equipment manager or assistant superintendent, and return equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, hedge and brush trimmers, etc.
- Follow all safety guidelines for the proper use of equipment and hand tools and report any safety issues to supervisor immediately.
- Perform other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- At least one year of grounds-keeping or landscaping experience.
- Golf course maintenance experience a plus.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, CORE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Working knowledge of all landscape maintenance equipment.
- Ability to safely operate equipment such as mowers, edgers, and weed-eaters.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.