Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - General Maintenance Craftsman Mechanic (MCM) III - University Village and Courtyard
Department of Facilities Management
(3) Positions Available
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
General Description of the Job
Under general supervision perform work requiring skill to repair and maintain buildings.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
- Repairs, modifies and maintains apartment buildings including air-conditioning units, minor electrical repairs, plumbing repairs and carpentry related tasks.
- Reads blueprints, schematics and drawings related to work performed.
- Makes preventative maintenance inspections and repairs on scheduled basis.
- Tests systems and/or components for vacuum and refrigerant leaks.
- Diagnose cause of malfunction and extent of repairs
- Remove, clean and replace filters.
- Perform prep work patch and paint areas as needed
- Perform preventative maintenance on plumbing systems including repairs
- General carpenter work in the alterations, repair and maintenance of buildings, doors, floors, windows, ceilings, stairways, cornice and concrete forms.
- Replacement of door locks and hinges
Individuals in this job may be assigned one or more of the following tasks on a rotating or as-needed basis.
- Performs other associated duties as required.
- Employees in this class may supervise laborers and other assistants.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret blueprints or other written instruction.
- Oral and written instructions are received from the supervisor who is responsible for the coordination of necessary work.
- Formalized training in heating and air conditioning systems.
- Demonstrate ability to properly maintain care for tools and equipment used on job assignments.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle routine job assignments independently.
- A mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Skill and knowledge of various types of tools used in general maintenance.
- Education: High school graduate
- Successful experience: A minimum of five years of actual successful experience
- Other preferences: Formalized training in heating and air conditioning systems
- Skill and knowledge of various tools used in general maintenance, heating and air conditioning systems
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the DSU Fundamentals
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed