GENERAL MAINTENANCE TECH
(Work Schedule: Full Time- Days with rotating weekends)
A General Maintenance Technician performs a variety of duties in and around the buildings of the hospital complex. Duties include repair and installation of plumbing fixtures, cleaning of drain lines, repairs and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment. The General Maintenance Technician would also perform minor electrical repairs and completes documentation as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of staff and patients.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Trouble-shoots and makes necessary repairs as well as installations of new service or projects as needed.
- Replaces or repairs plumbing fixtures and cleans drain lines.
- Does minor electrical repairs and completes the required documentation.
- Maintains and cares for hospital grounds and performs general outside maintenance duties.
- Assists with security matters as required, during normal working hours.
- Performs the duties of the Hospital First Response Team.
About Medical City Lewisville
With over 40 years as a full service, acute care facility, Medical City Lewisville offers a broad spectrum of care to the communities of Southern Denton County. Emergency Services are available on the main campus as well as at Medical City ER Flower Mound. The patient tower has two floors dedicated to women’s services including a specialty obstetrics referral center (for high risk OB services) and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.