|Job Description :|
Perform the maintenance and alignment of precision machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, semi and automatic machines, precision grinders, and numerical control machines.
|Minimum Qualifications :|
• Experience with Machine Control Diagnostics and troubleshooting (Siemens and Fanuc Controls).
• 1-3 years of experience of mechanical troubleshooting of CNC machine systems or the completion of an equivalent training program.
• Experience and proficiency in PC systems such as Microsoft Office.
• Experience with vendor troubleshooting, diagnosing, and evaluating machine malfunctions – including determining the sequence of operations, procedures, and methods necessary to perform precision skilled maintenance functions such as repair, modification, and overhaul of lathes, mills, semi and automatic machines, precision grinders, numerical control machines.
• Experience with completing Maintenance Work Orders in timely matter.
• The ability to follow manufacturer’s specifications, prints, and maintenance handbooks when available to determine functional requirements of machine components.
• Experience inspecting cranes, forklifts and other production related machines.
• Experience disassembling, repairing, renewing, and/or replacing bearings, shafts, gears, and reassemble, and functionally test precision machine tools.
• Experience setting up and operating machine tools to make new or replacement parts such as metal spray shafts, spindles, etc., to build up to required dimensions.
• Experience disassembling and determining the corrective action required to repair or replace broken parts.
• Experience fitting and scraping bearings; assembling gear trains and fitting to exacting tolerances and aligning spindles, columns, knees, tailstocks, ways, tables, and saddles individually and in required relation to each other.
• Experience checking, cleaning, lubricating and oil machines tools.
• Experience helping with other facility related repairs.
|Minimum Education Level :|
|GED or Equivalent|
|Minimum Years of Experience :|
|1 to 3|
In order to be considered, please apply on our career site:
|Company Info :|
|Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.|
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 22 megawatts).
Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,000 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
Solar Turbines is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply. Solar Turbines conducts Drug Screens and Background Checks.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.