Reads, understands and interprets blueprints, drawings, flooring plans and schedules, and manufacturers operating and/or maintenance specifications, building structures and finishes.
Maintains, constructs and performs minor and major repairs, renovations, alterations and installations of building structures, components, millwork items and furnishings.
Performs routine and preventative maintenance to include operating, cleaning, inspecting, troubleshooting, adjusting, tightening, replacing, reporting problems, and other similar tasks on building structures, components, millwork items and furnishings.
- Responds to requests for maintenance and service from building occupants to include emergencies, maintenance problems, requested installations, modifications, repairs and adjustments, and other similar tasks.
- Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring)
- Install and maintain water supply systems
- Locate and repair issues with water supply lines (e.g. leaks)
- Repair or replace broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Repair domestic appliances (e.g. washing machines) and fixtures (e.g. sinks) etc.
- Install and maintain gas and liquid heating systems (air-conditioning units, radiators etc.)
- Install waste disposal and sanitary systems with well-functioning DWV systems
Must be available for scheduled and emergency work on evenings and weekends. Must be able to work flexible daily weekly shifts including working on Saturdays and Sundays.
Performs all aspects of year-round maintenance of schools grounds, roads and walkways.
Must possess a drivers license valid in the State of Massachusetts. Must have the necessary physical requirements, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the duties and responsibilities of this position to include:
- Lifting and carrying a minimum of (50) pounds.
- Climbing stairs, ladders and scaffolding, and working at heights above thirty (30) feet.
- Performing repetitive tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and walking significant distances.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Working within extreme temperatures ranges.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or directed by department management and supervision.
- Proven experience as a plumber
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
- Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces
- Diploma from a trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship
- Valid license to practice profession (preferred)
Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Salary: $25.99 - $33.37 per hour depending on experience
It is the policy of the Concord Public Schools and the Concord-Carlisle Regional School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices.