Dean Fluor is looking for a General Maintenance Technician (GMT) to undertake the responsibility to preserve the condition and functionality of a 24/7/365 critical government facility. The GMT position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to troubleshoot, repair, install and maintain facility equipment according to safety, preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance systems and processes. The GMT typically performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, and lighting as needed. The GMT conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities and equipment.
The GMT job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs routine operator rounds of facility equipment monitoring the operation and recording operating parameters on reading sheets.
- Records and reports all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences. Responds to emergency situations and performs any and all task necessary for the protection of occupants and the facility.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.)
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing electronic flush valve assemblies, etc.).
- Performs minor preventative maintenance work on facility support equipment (e.g. Air compressors, electronic door locks, pumps, fences, gates, humidifiers, air conditioning units, etc).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and spaces (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, desks, file cabinets, etc.).
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Record all values in a computerized maintenance management system, accurately recording plant condition, time spent on job, condition equipment, and additional repairs if needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must be available 24/7/365 with exception for personal time off that will be covered by delegate.
- High School diploma or GED coupled with at least three (3) years of experience in the maintenance of facilities, mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend work orders, equipment/tool manuals, safety manuals, and other printed and/or written material as it relates to the job
- Ability to input basic information into computerized maintenance and time keeping databases.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, at elevations, on ladders, and lift equipment over six feet above the ground.
- Must carry a two-way radio when on duty to enable prompt emergency response.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must be able to work as needed including shift work (e.g. nights, weekends, and holidays). Willing to work overtime as necessary to complete tasks.
- Must conform to all city, state and federal licensing and certification requirements.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
- Requires excellent verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills in English.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload with minimal supervision
- Must perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as requested.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain TS/SCI security clearance
- Ability to weld
- Ability to solder large diameter copper pipe
- Diesel engine mechanic experience
- Water treatment experience
- This position is considered sensitive and may require extensive background screening processes in order to meet current or future Network and/or government contract needs. Applicants and employees may be subject to and/or be required to meet specific background eligibility requirements in order to apply and maintain such positions.