Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
General Maintenance Technician
Serve as General Maintenance Technician for an enterprise Base Operations Support contract in the Northwest Florida area. This individual shall represent the company as the authorized representative for the contractual, technical, and administrative performance of all services required for this program.
- Performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and building requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work.
Work may include:
- Replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors
- Repairing HVAC systems
- Using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings
- Repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets
- Painting structures and equipment
- Repainting or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks
- Replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles
- Hanging doors and installing door locks - Replacing broken window panes
- Performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Held within the last seven to ten years, an active Top Secret security clearance
- Three years compatible light construction experience in an overseas environment
- A high school diploma and Vocational or trade school degree for a specialized area of construction or equal number years of experience
- Ability to interpret and apply codes, blueprints, wiring diagrams and engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of all principles and processes involved in supporting contract responsibilities at an overseas facility
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information
- Ability to live and work in an austere and dangerous environment
- TS SCI w/poly
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.