Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, and sanitary systems throughout district. Assist with maintenance of grounds.
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Knowledge of basic construction and routine maintenance and repair procedures
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally)
Ability to operate hand and power tools
Ability to work independently
____ year experience in general building maintenance
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repair
- Assist skilled workers with repair and maintenance of district facilities, including repairing woodwork; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; painting, repairing, and replacing plumbing fixtures and drainage systems; and replacing broken glass.
- Inspect building exterior and interior, playground equipment, and grounds; perform maintenance and minor repairs.
- Detect and report needed major repairs on building structures and their systems, including lockers, furniture, and equipment.
- Complete repairs as directed on work orders or by maintenance foreman.
- Assist with mowing and detailing of district grounds.
- Move, install, assemble, and repair all school furniture and playground equipment as needed.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate equipment and use tools according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance as required.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.