Exciting things are happening at Yoshinoya. If you have strong leadership skills and a track record for delivering results, then this is a great opportunity to put your career in the fast lane.
We have immediate opportunities for Assistant Managers, General Managers, and "Fast Track" GMs with the aptitude to move from GM to multi-unit manager within the next 12 – 18 months. You'll be responsible for a store with annual sales of more than $1 million and get rewarded for driving both sales and profits. As GM, you're expected to treat the store as your own. As AM, we'll work with you to become a GM as soon as you're ready. In either case, you will oversee hiring, training, hospitality, operational execution, quality control, safety, and P & L management. These are a hands-on positions where you will teach others, work as cook, cashier, or expeditor during peak periods, and lead by example. If you're more comfortable in the office than in the operation, then this isn't the job for you. However, if you are a self-starter and like to be in the middle of the action, then we should talk. We offer great training that will help you be ready for advancement when the opportunity comes.
- Minimum 2 years quick service restaurant management experience
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and communication skills
- Stable work experience with a history of progression
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and multitask throughout your workday
- Reliable transportation to work opening and closing shifts
Yoshinoya provides the types of employee benefits that you would expect of an industry leader including:
- 45 hour work week (we're commited to work-life balance and recently changed our workweek to Tuesday - Monday, so our GMs can more easily take two days off in a row)
- Competitive base salary
- Performance based bonuses paid quarterly
- Generous health plans with premiums as low as $10/pay period for an HMO! You'll have a choice from 5 major medical plans and two dental plans
- Company Paid life insurance, long term disability, and AD&D coverage
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday pay (7 paid holidays during the year)
- 401 K retirement plan
- Flexible spending account
Yoshinoya America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Yoshinoya Holdings, based in Japan. With a history that started in 1899 and more than 2000 stores worldwide, Yoshinoya Holdings has been both leader and innovator in the QSR Japanese segment. The American subsidiary has over 100 stores (70 company owned) and is Southern California's best kept secret.
Yoshinoya America has quietly reinvented itself over the past 4 years under a new leadership team. New brand positioning, menu items, remodels, upgraded systems, and improved execution have resulted in comp-store sales increases of more than 25%. During the same period, the QSR segment has seen little if any sales growth. Our remaining stores will be remodeled this year as we start to open restaurants in new markets. Over the next few years, we plan to nearly double the size of the company. Opportunity is knocking! You owe it to yourself to take a closer look at Yoshinoya and use our success as your springboard to new career opportunities.