Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking a highly motivated and seasoned General Manager 4 - Food to lead our team at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital unit in San Antonio, TX. This is a 350 bed facilty. We are looking to drive patient satisfaction, employee satisfaction and overall service excellence.
The General Manager will lead a team of highly skilled managers in the day to day operations of the food and nutrition services department. Our General Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the department including patient dining, retail café operations, catering services and physician’s dining. Coupled with prior management level experience in a hospital environment, our ideal candidate will be a customer focused, innovative leader with exceptional financial acumen as well as demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong client relationships and meet financial objectives.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- drive key results in conjuction with daily operations
- have oversight of day-to-day operations
- deliver high quality food service
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- develop strategic plans
- create a positive environment
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous management experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS), Health Touch, and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience
Learn more about Metropolitan Methodist Hospital at https://sahealth.com/locations/methodist-hospital-metropolitan/about/hospital-highlights.dot
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Patient Services positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Patient Services. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.Key Duties- Directs all contract services.- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.- Customer and client satisfaction- Drives growth - Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.