A passion for helping people and attention to detail are the hallmarks of your success. Join a team where you can make a difference.
Sodexo is changing the way society sees Senior Living, one resident at a time. We are looking to build our team in the greater Bay Area. We are seeking seasoned, highly motivated, and innovative food service professionals. The ideal candidates will have experience in high volume environments of 4 million managed volume or more, and teams with multiple priorities. Healthcare and/or senior living experienced preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- Interface closely and daily with residents, client executive level leadership and client board members;
- continuously update industry knowledge on current food trends and ingredients, making sure they lead the way in innovation and originality;
- direct and supervise operations and staff;
- control and ensure financial targets are achieved by consistently looking at ways of maximizing income, through efficient and effective purchasing, via nominated suppliers and creative merchandising;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparation are achieved;
- engage with peers, colleagues and patrons in a manner that invites interaction and feedback.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have previous experience in senior living and/or healthcare dining;
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- are experienced in high quality cuisine, ideally to Rosette or Michelin standard;
- have commercial acumen and a good level of computer literacy;
- are enthusiastic, confident and warm;
- have a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry. ("dining director" OR "director of dining service" OR "food service director" OR "food general manager" OR "director of nutrition") AND (" hospitals" OR "healthcare" OR "retirement community" OR " nursing home" OR "senior living") AND ("palo alto" OR "san jose" OR " san francisco" OR " bay area")
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
Key Duties:- Directs all contract services.- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.- Customer and client satisfaction- Drives growth - Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.