Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high-quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal hear a lot about our high-quality shopping centers and mixed-use centers. Our well-respected real estate team is at our core, but it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. Our stability and success are due to our great team of employees! Would you like to join our team? If so, learn more about our current opportunity below.
The General Manager reports to the Director, Asset Management. The position is based in Arlington, Virginia and provides support and direction for the day to day operation of a portfolio of complex retail properties, with primary responsibility and oversite of Pentagon Row and Village at Shirlington. The General Manager will oversee and supervise the in-house and contracted departments to ensure property goals are achieved.
- Lead and manage property personnel including Assistant Property Manager and Engineers, as assigned.
- Manage day to day operations in the assigned regional portfolio, including but not limited to facility maintenance and preventative maintenance programs, landscaping, trash removal, contracted janitorial services, contracted security services, plumbing, roof, physical plant and energy management systems.
- Enhance and elevate the consumer experience through regular assessments of the property condition. Ensure issues are addressed immediately, and expectations are met.
- Identify and recommend capital projects and manage project contractors and subcontractors from the bid phase through end of contract.
- Develop and maintain positive retail tenant relations by meeting with tenants on a regular basis. Resolve tenant issues that occur and serve as the primary point of contact for all merchant daily operating needs including general maintenance, lease issues, trash concerns and parking management.
- Read and interpret engineering and architectural drawings and schematic diagrams, as needed.
- Bid all contracts and capital purchases, and enlist, hire and manage all contractors performing capital projects.
- Prepare the annual operating budget and quarterly budget reforecast reports for the properties, and manage operating expenses, within or below budgeted levels. Work with property accountants to prepare monthly variance reports and finance team to forecast property level cash flows accurately for corporate planning and analysis.
- Manage invoice processing, coding, and payment ensuring invoices are paid on time.
- Collaborate and establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders including Marketing on the coordination of property events, Tenant Coordination to expedite completion of landlord work and delivery of spaces to tenants, and appropriate key civic and community leaders to ensure positive benefits for the property.
- Assist the Director, Asset Management on a daily basis with financial and capital management, fostering relationships both internal and external to the Company and support strategic initiatives to drive revenue and reduce expenses.
- 5+ years of direct retail property management experience at large retail-oriented mixed-use properties
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of properties, preferred
- Bachelor's degree in real estate or business, preferred
- Solid experience overseeing capital improvement projects and expenditures
- Strong knowledge of leases and financial statements and solid experience budgeting, monitoring expenses, and processing accounts payables
- Strong leadership and team-building skills with a proven track record of successfully managing in-house employees and effectively influencing external stakeholders, contractors, and vendors
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and move seamlessly between projects as the situation requires in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate and act on issues and/or problems, reach sound conclusions and take appropriate action
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, and interpersonal, with the proven ability to convey ideas to a diverse group of stakeholders including tenants and contracted service personnel
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and an innate desire to contribute to a successful team
- Strong computer skills required with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.