Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Business & Industry Facility Services is part of Aramark's $2 Billion Global Facilities Business representing a client portfolio of 16,000 facilities and two billion square feet. Everyday we provide workplace, facility, and business support service solutions to a client base encompassing a wide range of environments including but not limited to automotive, life sciences, technology, industrial, manufacturing, and corporate campuses. We are uniquely positioned to integrate a variety of diverse business support functions into a single solution set we often self perform. Our B&I FS solution sets are process based, metric driven and integrate technology to manage and report outcome based performance.
GM will be responsible for the development & growth of a large management team and 100 hourly employees. The GM will also focus on meeting and exceeding operating and financial goals, client objectives, KPI metrics, and customer needs. The GM will have daily interaction with the client, client's customers and employees. This individual will be focused on ensuring operational excellence in the delivery of the services Aramark is contracted to provide at the account.
- Demonstrates a high level of visionary leadership, balanced judgment and disciplined execution
- Process-focused and decisive to ensure effective execution of all strategies/initiatives in order to meet company & client needs with a high standard of excellence, urgency & predictability
- Relentless commitment to safety excellence; demonstrates behaviors that drive a Safety FIRST core value; fosters a culture where every team member is empowered & supported to achieve a work environment without exposures and incidents…where No One Gets Hurt
- Creates a great employee work environment & inspires teamwork and partnership at all levels – internally and externally
- Is a visible servant leader, leading from the heart to serve, encourage, support and lift others up, while role modeling the Aramark Mission – deliver experiences that enrich & nourish lives
- Intense focus on our Values – Sell & Serve with Passion; Front Line First; Set Goals. Act. Win.; Integrity and Respect Always
- General Manager reports directly to the District Manager – East Operations.
- Manage all facets of the organization including full P&L responsibility and controlling assets with operating revenue of $16M annually
- Ensures the effective implementation of the comprehensive NY Safety Plan, leveraging BST/S2S and client safety platforms, driving full compliance of all health & safety rules, guidelines and protocols
- Optimize financial performance, process accuracy and logistics productivity by conducting operational audits and ensuring a high level of execution and compliance
- Prepare and manage the distribution center/commissary business plans and contingency plans, which establish operational goals and predictable outcomes
- Drive operational efficiencies, labor/scheduling productivity, and vehicle Fleet/DOT compliance
- Drive a positive work environment and utilize effective communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Provide overall direction and control to a large/complex 3-shift warehouse to achieve operating and financial goals
- Responsible for the training, development and performance management of all distribution center/commissary personnel, operations managers and associates
- Deliver strong operational performance by ensuring compliance with Aramark Facilities Services and regulatory agency standards and programs and translating corporate strategy into front line operational tactics
- Lead recruitment and development of team ensuring high performance, talent succession planning, optimal staffing and employee engagement
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and business relationships with clients/customers
- Ensure that client objectives are fully met by maintaining active customer relationships including formal structured monthly business reviews
- To be considered for this role, candidate must possess an undergraduate 4-year degree from an accredited university/college; candidates with an MBA will be preferred
- Candidates must also possess at least 7 years of experience in logistics, managing inventory, financial control, and FLM experience in a contract management service provider or client centric setting
- Total managed volume greater than 10 million dollars and P&L management experience in the facilities/logistics industry is required
- Ideal candidates will possess a high energy level that is communicated to the team they will lead
- Demonstrate proven success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and considerable negotiation skills are also needed to drive results
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is a key success measure
- Previous profit and loss accountability experience, and a proven track record of growing accounts is essential
- Union experience preferred.
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills and experience are essential for success in this role
- Candidates must possess a demonstrated attention to detail and ability to lead directly and through influence
- Prior experience training, mentoring and developing management level staff is required; experience leading 100+ person staff is preferred