General Manager - be our head coach!
- Job Label:
- GM MAG_166641817B1
If you get excited by an opportunity to have an impact, read on! If you are the type of person who likes challenges and thrives on driving growth, we want to hear from you. Haifa General, formerly Haifa Limestone, is a leading supplier of superior limestone products quarried from all over the world. We are seeking a talented General Manager to oversee our operations. This position is mission critical to our growth and the key to every initiative at Haifa. You will be head coach of our extraordinary tam overseeing all aspects of the company from accounting to IT. Your contribution will have a direct impact on our ability to double our revenues over the next 5-7 years. If this describes you, and you can prove it, you could be a great fit for our team.
We are proud of the superb reputation we have built over the years, thanks to our tightly knit team of professionals. Our culture has evolved over the years and can be described as a happy and exciting work environment of committed and passionate professionals who know what they need to do and do it well. We don’t play games and are free of drama while having fun in the process. Haifa is a solid company in business for over 30 years and in control of the entire process, including importing, designing, fabrication, installation and service, enabling us to be more successful in each project. We work with top designers and clients on the most incredible homes in the world. Simply put, every person on our team lives and dies by the details to serve our clients beyond their expectations.
Snapshot of Key Accountabilities:
- Leadership: Motivate and instill accountability among the team while making sure everyone is in alignment with company goals
- Management: Oversee a direct staff of 20
- Accounting Management: Implement a comprehensive accounting process with accurate job costing information to provide more accurate bidding and the information we need to obtain a thorough financial picture of the business
- Reporting: provide quarterly financial reports in clear and concise manner
- Scheduling: oversee each department to ensure compatibility between schedules
- Estimating & Project Management: oversee estimating, project management, and drafting departments
- Oversee other operational areas including HR, Contract Management, Facility Maintenance, IT, Purchasing, Inventory, Equipment, Marketing & Sales
Traits required for success:
Our ideal candidate has the ability to connect quickly with others in a poised, convincing and enthusiastic way. You possess a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive to produce results, gaining respect by leading by example. You are a hands on leader while able to delegate with careful and friendly follow up, controlling all aspects from initiation through completion. Working collaboratively with and through the team, you easily bring out the best in them.
- 12+ years of proven operations experience in a leadership role
- 5+ years of management experience to include the direct supervision of at least 10
- Strong financial skills including job costing or accounting background with ability to translate the numbers into a usable and understandable format
- High energy level and willing to work long hours
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with Quickbooks or other accounting software
- Bachelors degree required preferably in Construction Management or related field
- Experience with a residential or commercial general contractor
- Knowledge of OSHA safety and lien law
- Conversant in Spanish
- Related Keywords:
- operations, construction, engineering, leadership, accountability, management, accounting, financial, job costing, financial reports, scheduling, project management, Excel, Quickbooks, Bachelors, general contractor, OSHA, MBA, bilingual