Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Manage and direct the operations of each building to which assigned, at the least possible cost to produce the maximum return of the investment dollar.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of all aspects of the property(ies) to assure maintenance of approved quality standards.
- Coordinates all fire, life safety and other safety programs as established and followed within established guidelines. Maintain established programs of safety and security for building occupants and property.
- Maintain appropriate standards of physical maintenance and housekeeping. Establish and monitor preventative maintenance schedules. Prepare or supervise the daily work schedule for operations, and coordination of all in-house construction. Conduct quarterly and annual building inspections.
- Manage staff on-site for the assigned property(ies).
- Assist in the annual interior and exterior office building inspection and prepare a report.
- Maintain proper control of materials and supplies for property(ies).
- Maintain accurate personnel records.
- Conduct employee relations program, which encompasses employment interviews, employee discipline, and union grievances (if applicable).
- Prepare and audit annual operating budgets. Prepare monthly report of operation for review with owner.
- Prepare lease abstracts and, in some cases, may have final approval authority of all lease abstracts and final document output
- Review and approval of payables and receivables as prepared at the site level. Review and supervise all accounting output as prepared by the accounting department as required by the property. Process all security deposits.
- Provide proper tenant relations for tenant services, alterations, decorations and construction work being done in the building.
- Review specifications prepared for service contracts. Assist with selection and final award of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and the overall monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Secure bids for capital expenditures - submit to owner for review.
- Communicate with other departments to coordinate work and achieve objectives.
- Approve, coordinate and review construction plans and approve standard rules and regulations to be followed by construction personnel or tenant.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Other Job Functions:
- Attendance of all scheduled Property Management staff meeting and annual conference participation in trade and Processional Associate (BOMA, IREM, IFMA).
Skills, Education And Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or CPM and or RPA designation.
- Minimum 10 years combined facility/property management experience preferably in commercial management.
- Previous experience in construction management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and decisions in critical situations.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.