CIT Trucks is seeking a motivated, sales-driven General Manager to join one of our heavy and medium-duty truck dealerships in the Chicago metro area. The General Manager is responsible for the successful management of all dealership operations including New and Used Truck Sales, Parts, and Service departments, and leading a team of approximately 80 employees. Successful candidates will have strong leadership and communication skills, be competitive, and have a strong work ethic. If this sounds like you, apply today!
In addition to offering a fast-paced, rewarding work environment, CIT Trucks also offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package including the following:
- $85,000 to $150,000 base salary plus commissions
- PTO Bank and Paid Holidays
- Your choice of three medical plans with prescription coverage
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Accounts
Responsibilities of the General Manager include:
- Create and implement a dealership-wide operations plan including budgets, sales, and business plan components.
- Assess present and future needs, trends, problems, and profit opportunities.
- Develop, train, and coach reporting managers on tasks such as selling, customer relations, employee relations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Manage and lead sales efforts and associated personnel.
- Monitor data, numbers, sales, customer pricing, and quotas within the dealership.
- Prospect and identify potential customers.
- Build and maintain business relationships with vendors, customers, manufactures, and personnel.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Develop, implement, and maintain proper processes in conjunction with the Company and manufactures.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the General Manager role.
The qualifications for this position are:
- 7 years of related industry experience preferred
- 2 years of related industry experience required
- 1 -2 years of prior management experience required
- Bachelor's degree in business management preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Supervise, manage, and direct the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of personnel.
- Capable of working with nominal direction and broad communication.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and technical procedures. The ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints. Ability to effectively present information to top management or a board of directors.
- The ability to write reports, business correspondence, and to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using common sense and set guidelines. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Identify measures or indicators of dealership performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the dealership.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of materials, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing profits.
- Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
In business for over 40 years, CIT Trucks, LLC is a full-line commercial truck dealership group representing Kenworth, Volvo, Mack, Isuzu, and Autocar product lines. Additionally, CIT offers equipment leasing and rental services as well as a full offering of financing services through our subsidiaries Central Truck Leasing and Central Truck Finance.
Operating from 17 locations throughout Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana, CIT is a growing company committed to providing the most effective solutions for our customers’ critical transportation needs. Our enthusiastic, customer-focused employees are among the best and brightest and drive CIT’s reputation as one of the leading customer support organizations in the industry.
We are dedicated to maintaining a work environment that promotes individual accomplishment and team success – where every employee is valued for their contributions and are encouraged to achieve their full potential.
Questions about this position? Please call (309) 445-8100.
CIT Trucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.