PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: General Manager Comml Facilities Svcs
Job Code: K34 - PR-Gen Mgr Comm Facs Svcs
HR Title Group: Commercial Contracts (Custodial & Landscape)
Salary Grade: E19
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approval Date: May 2018
There are direct reports associated with this position.
Under minimal supervision, the General Manager Commercial Facilities Services has responsibility and authority over all aspects of compliance and deliverables while managing commercial (non-federal) facilities Operations, landscape operations, custodial operations and customer contact operations. Employees in this job class develop and manage their respective budgets across several lines of business, provide staff and performance management in varying trades with many skill sets and make strategic decisions with an emphasis on implementing and maintaining the goals of the Commercial Facilities Services program as it relates to the company strategic goals and individual contracts. This job class requires comprehensive knowledge of effective strategic views, high level management techniques, safety/environmental requirements, trade knowledge across several lines of business and how they relate and complement the overall success of Commercial Facilities Services portfolio.
1. *Plans and implements the Commercial Facilities Services Program across facility maintenance, landscape, custodial, and customer contact lines of business.
2. *Manages compliance with contract terms, conditions and obligations. Develops submittals to meet customer contract requirements.
3. *Supervises employees; ensures a competent, motivated team through hiring, training, development, counseling and reviewing the performance of employees.
4. *Develops a professional working relationship with key contract personnel and establishes official lines of communication. Serves as PRIDE Industries primary Point of Contact (POC) with the management staff of the multiple customers.
5. *Manages and coordinates managerial, administrative, and trades personnel and staffing for the following areas: Operations, Environmental, Quality, Administration, Procurement, Construction, Safety and Training.
6. *Plans material and equipment acquisitions, including CAPEX.
7. *Develops subcontractor agreements, staffing plans, budgets and cost control policies.
8. *Provides for quality control, inventory management, performance data collection, and management reporting.
9. *Develops work policies and procedures to standardize and optimize operations and vehicle and equipment utilization.
10. *Communicates extensively with staff, corporate personnel, and customer to assure alignment of goals and fulfillment of customer expectations.
11. * Maintains a strategic business view and collaborates with other divisions, departments and company leaders.
12. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
*Denotes Essential Job Function
• Certified Facilities Management (CFM) desired;
• Seven or more years of facilities management experience with positions progressively increasing in responsibility and culminating as the senior leader/manager;
• Five years or more of business management experience including profit and loss responsibility and budgeting;
• Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
• Ability to read and understand construction, electrical, and equipment drawings, blueprints, and schematics proposals, contracts, requests for quote/proposals/information;
• Leadership ability to effectively manage a large managerial, administrative and trade labor work force performing facilities maintenance, custodial, landscape and construction at numerous sites over a geographically diverse area;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to present information and respond to questions from vendors, customers, management, and others;
• Ability to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others, Experience effectively working with and managing a unionized labor force;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
• Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
• Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities;
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, and analytical skills.
Bachelors Management or related field
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements.
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Viewing computer screen/monitor
• Utilizing keyboard
• Answering phone/making calls
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
• May require standing, walking, walking on uneven surfaces
• May require bending, kneeling, squatting and stooping
Work is performed in a business office environment with limited privacy and exposure to noise from others conducting business on the telephone. Occasionally requires work in semi hazardous areas and exposure to the outdoors. Frequent travel is required.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.