Position:General Manager – HAZMAT Road and Rail
Location: East Chicago, Indiana
Relocation:To Be Determined
Full Time / FICA salaried position
This position directs the safe, daily operations, and compliance of a multi-modal cleaning and remediation facility – servicing both road and rail vehicles. The General Manager provides tactical operational oversight of facility operations that includes Railcar Cleaning, Waste Water Treatment, Flaring Operations, Truck Trailer Cleaning, Transloading, Nitrogen Blanket applications and railcar storage. Builds on established relationships with surrounding communities, local, state, and federal agencies, customers, and other stakeholders in the industry and client base. Leads safety ahead of production and demonstrates through words and actions the values of the organization.
- Ensures Safety is the top priority through 100% compliance with all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ensures all compliance with environmental rules and regulations
- Ensures all compliance requirements are met for all road and rail activities; ensures same compliance with shipping procedures and manifesting
- Leverages the transportation relationships with carriers (road and rail)
- Executes operations within budgetary framework
- Ensures standardized reports and data in support of KPI’s are kept and delivered with accuracy and timeliness to corporate
- Drives continuous improvement – focused on safe production efficiencies;
- Has direct oversight of facility team
- Able to multi-task and be comfortable with changes in project/task related objectives and deadlines.
- Able to provide leadership and technical assistance to manufacturing plants for environmental compliance related processes and activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains all professional certifications and memberships requisite for this position
- Uses Visual Management and Lean principles to govern facility and drive safe performance; Conducts Job Planning and Job Briefings in accordance with corporate standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science, or related field
- 5+ Years in the Hazardous Materials/Waste and Water/Wastewater Industry
- Profit and Loss (P&L) Management Experience
- Railroad Industry experience
- Expert in environmental technology, regulatory concepts and requirements to include:
- Solid Waste Management
- Storm Water Regulation
- Wastewater and Process Water
- Clean Air Act
- Form R Completion
- Tier Two Form Completion
- Green House Gas Reporting
- Multimedia Record keeping and Reporting
- Environmental Management Systems, Auditing and Due Diligence
- 40-Hr OSHA training
- HM-181 Training
- DOT Training
Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
This is a safety sensitive position. The candidate selected for this position must successfully complete a full physical including a drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in the position.
The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.(Background check may include the following: Criminal History, Driver License Record History, Education Credentials, Employment History, Reference Checks and Professional License or Certification review relevant to the position.)
Code of Conduct Statement:
Lakeshore Railcar & Tanker Services LLC is committed to promoting integrity and maintaining the highest standard of ethical conduct in all of its activities. The Company's reputation is founded on the personal integrity of the Company's personnel and its dedication to:
Lakeshore Railcar & Tanker Services LLC is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer