Duties and Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Assess staffing requirements and recruit staff when needed
- Facilitate changes and policies to ensure management staff is following company procedures, and that the information is cascaded down to the entire staff
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage staff performance in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Home office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 6 years of experience, supervisory experience; including alcoholic beverage service.
- Completed Alcohol Service Training Course
- Previous experience managing cost controls is plus
- Experience managing POS systems and daily cash controls.
- Operational knowledge of the cash register, cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports.
- Strong Marketing and Sales background
- Excellent guest service.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to multitask as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions.
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Aloha, Compeat, Tripleseat and Hotschedules.
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a salary paid position, and this position is exempt from overtime pay. Days and hours of work vary according to business hours and job requirements. Business operates seven (7) days a week; and hours start as early as 8 AM and can go as late as 2 AM depending on the work required. Our expectation is for a 50 hour work week of varying shifts.
Our GMs must embody the Spirit of Hospitality and operate with the intent of ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy! Our Managers and Chefs operate closely together to ensure we are always serving the highest quality food and beverage. Continued coaching and developing of all our staff in executing our service and guest satisfaction standards is a must. Our GMs are leaders in living our Mission, Vision and Values.
The General Manager provides leadership and assistance to the entire staff to ensure that all team members are guest-focused and team-focused. The General Manager will exercise knowledge of restaurant operations, manage staff resources, provide counsel, develop and coach team members and help to build sales and profits while maintaining operating standards.