Sarkar Tactical, an innovative Defense equipment manufacturer, based in El Paso, TX is looking for VP/General Manager to join our team.
Our mission at Sarkar is simple: to protect those who serve. We provide the most advanced ballistic helmet technology and the highest levels of service to our customers. We continually seek people with the motivation and skills to advance our mission.
The VP/General Manager is primarily responsible for leading contract manufacturing, manufacturing strategy, strategic sourcing and the resulting product quality and cost of goods. This role is additionally responsible to lead product development for the manufacturability of resulting commercial products. In this role, the leader will participate with the senior management team for strategic and tactical initiatives and both execute for manufacturing operations and support the balance of the senior management team initiates and objectives.
- Cost of Goods at company targets and drive continuous improvements.
- Manufacturing strategy including domestic, OUS, and vertical manufacturing.
- Manufacturing Supply Chain.
- Experience of identifying and setting up support laboratory services.
- Product Quality and Reliability and drive continuous improvements.
- Execution of company goals for revenue, headcount, expenses, capital expenditures, product delivery.
- Develop the Global Supply Chain for contractors, components, third party manufacturers to in support of company goals.
- Regulatory compliance for areas of oversight.
- Get involved in actual manufacturing activities on the shop floor
- Train the team
- Be a subject matter expert on manufacturing technology for ballistic helmets and vests (training will be provided)
- Take responsibility for all your staff and their productivity
- Have control over expenses
- Oversee sales team and evaluate monthly targets
- Report directly to the Board
- Mid-Sr level Operations leadership with demonstrated success
- Demonstrated execution success transitioning new products into manufacturing
- Demonstrated success managing COGs to company goals and continuous improvement
- 5-10 years manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated effective collaborative leadership in support of company-wide goals
- Develop the Operations organization to achieve career and corporate goals
- Experience in Operations leadership
- 5 years Operations leadership at plant, executive level
- Demonstrated skill transitioning product development to manufacturing and scaling commercial products
- Demonstrated experience leading and executing manufacturing strategy
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team
- As the head of a small team, you will be responsible for all day to day operations and activities of our company. You will be reporting to our President and CFO directly.
- 60,000 per annum starting salary (based on experience and attitude)
- Health Insurance
YOU NEED TO BE:
- Hands on and ready to help on the floor
- An excellent communicator
- Excellent written English
- Qualified to at least undergraduate level
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Keen to be part of our close-knit team and to grow with us.
- Genuine interest in Tactical and Defence industry
Although its not a pre-requisite, senior level experience in Law Enforcement or Military will be an advantage in this industry.
You will be working directly with our President, Sam Sarkar and CFO, Mr Pawan Sood. As a face of our business, we are looking for you to be well presented, well-mannered and always put the needs of our company first. We are looking for an accomplished leader and manager to help take our company to the next level.
This is not a 9-5 job. Our work hours are 8am to 5pm but you will be expected to stay late if required.
If this sounds like you, please apply. Send your Resume by email with a COVERING LETTER (no more than 500 words explaining why you want to work with us and what you have to offer). Please note we will not consider Resume without a covering letter.
Deadline for Applications: 12th of April 2019, although we may appoint sooner if we have the right candidate.
Health insurance included