Must demonstrate excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), be able to delegate, be a planner, be a problem solver, and provide effective follow-up. Having competent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications, and e-mail are mandatory. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and data base programming within Excel. Monthly composition of written performance reports is required. Must be able to prepare business correspondence via e-mail, memo, letters, etc., for both internal and external university and Sodexo use. Must plan, direct, and coordinate all custodial operation responsibilities. Management of 60 plus or more employees ranging from full-time to part-time.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients
- Possesses strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- Has 3 plus years previous leadership level custodial or housekeeping experience;
- Can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training
- Has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- Is proficient with computers and other technology;
- Has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations; and
- Has strong financial acumen and budget management experience
- Responsible for driving client and satisfaction scores
- Provides a clean and safe environment for students, visitors and staff
- Effectively manages the Unit Operating System
- Supports a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Proven experience in implementing sustainable cleaning procedures
- Occasionally required to work nights or weekend
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 3 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.