Sarnova is the leading national specialty distributor of health care products in the emergency medical services (EMS) and respiratory markets. The company operates through several market-leading distributors including Tri-anim Health Services, the largest specialty distributor of respiratory products, Bound Tree Medical, the largest supplier of EMS products, EMP and Cardio Partners, a full Sudden Cardiac Arrest Solution provider that specializes in CPR Training, Program Management, AEDs, Defibrillators, Accessories and Service.
We offer more than 100,000 health care products to 20,000 hospitals and emergency care providers across the country.
The General Manager of Federal/Government business for Bound Tree Medical is a key member of the Bound Tree Medical Leadership team who leads our Government strategy for Non-acute Federal/Government/DOD EMS business. The selected candidate can work remotely from any location in the continental US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sales processes and metrics for increased productivity, profitable revenue growth, and customer satisfaction within the Federal Government with emphasis within the DOD and Federal Agencies.
- Collaborate with sales teams to develop quarterly and annual sales goals and objectives by product line and geographic territory.
- Monitor and communicate progress against sales objectives through weekly, quarterly and annual sales plans. Make appropriate and timely decisions to ensure performance is tracking to or exceeding plans.
- Re-evaluate sales tactics on an ongoing basis to ensure achievement of goals.
- Administer sales compensation plan and determines annual sales quotas that align with annual operating plan.
- Assess market, competitor and supplier actions and collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure appropriate and best in class product and services offering.
- Develop and sustain relationships with key customers and suppliers to stay abreast of current and emerging customer needs.
- Build and sustain a world class safes force.
- Manage the Federal Government Customer Service team, three outside Federal Government Account Managers and one Insides Sales Representative.
- Take an active role in developing direct reports through individual performance feedback, team meetings, stretch assignments, regional sales meetings and national sales meetings.
- Empower self and others through effective, collaborative relationships that accomplish sales objectives and create an open and supportive work environment.
- Ensure sales team is equipped with the tools and resources to drive profitable revenue growth.
- Minimum 3 years’ sales management experience with a proven track record of leading high performing sales teams.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the medical products distribution or medical device industry.
- Proven track record of introducing medical technologies to the Department of Defense and other federal agencies and resellers.
- Strong business acumen with ability to plan and forecast sales on a national, regional and product category level.
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven track record of building and sustaining high performing sales teams.
- Strategic mind set with ability to lead day to day issues.
- Advanced planning capabilities coupled with exceptional financial and analytical skills.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills appropriate to audience and selling situation.
- Strong negotiation skills with a record of favorable outcomes that are mutually advantageous to Company, supplier and customer.
- Experience evaluating new products and developing successful launch plans.
- Experience getting medical devices standardized and implemented in the DOD Standardized Kits. Army SKO’s, Navy and US Marine Corp AMALS, and Air Force Allowance Standards.
- Experience negotiating and maintaining federal contracts that have a high degree of price efficacy and are organizationally responsible.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience negotiating with and servicing large strategic businesses.
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan. EEO/M/F/Veterans/Disabled