The General Manager (GM) is the most experienced and trusted member of the management team.? The GM is expected to act as a role model on behalf of and in accordance with the values, purpose and mission of Fifth Group and it?s owners. The primary responsibility of the GM is to implement and manage the use and improvement of all of the systems developed by Fifth Group to ensure an exceptional level of food, service, ambience and overall guest satisfaction resulting in achieving targeted sales, profitability and increased market share thus protecting the long term success and integrity of the restaurant.
- Responsible for the ongoing nurturing of staff morale and a culture congruent with Fifth Group ?s values, purpose and mission.
- Responsible for thorough interviewing, hiring and orientation of all hourly staff.
- Responsible for proper staffing levels (FOH &BOH) ensuring smooth operations and overall guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for management of training programs for all servers, greeters, and BOH new hires.
- Responsible for effective, ongoing daily coaching of staff - both positive and developmental.
- Responsible for holding employees accountable for fulfilling their job description including appearance, timeliness, professionalism and attitude, via one-on-one counseling, write-ups, suspensions and termination if and when necessary.
- Responsible for the execution of annual written performance reviews of all FOH & BOH hourly employees.
Financial, Legal and Administrative
- Responsible for driving sales via marketing programs, operations and guest relationship development, resulting in meeting or exceeding period, quarter and annual sales targets.
- Responsible for the effective management of all cost categories, including food, beverage, labor, controllables and fixed expenses resulting in meeting or exceeding period, quarter and annual PAC and EBITDA targets.
- Responsible for the management of all inventory, payroll and petty cash procedures resulting in accurate & timely weekly, bi-weekly and period financial numbers.
- Responsible for being the liaison to Fifth Group accounting department
- Responsible to manage with a sense of profitability and make all decisions with the restaurant?s long term best interests in mind.
- Responsible for participation in and ownership of all annual sales and expense budgets as well as tracking and reporting on required financial or statistical information on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for abiding by and enforcing all Fifth Group Policies & Procedures for Managers and hourly employees.
- Responsible for timely communicating with the accounting department to assure that all permits and licenses are renewed and posted.
- Responsible for guaranteeing each and every shift is executed at or above established restaurant standards ensuring maximum guest satisfaction in the areas of service, ambience and hospitality.
- Responsible for recognizing, developing and/or maintaining relationships with the restaurant?s regular guests.
- Ultimately responsible for food quality and consistency through ongoing management of the restaurants Executive Chef as well as communicating with other BOH managers and staff.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and appearance of the interior (FOH & BOH) and exterior of the restaurant.
- Responsible for the management of all needed facility maintenance to the interior (FOH & BOH) and exterior (landscaping, common areas, actual structure) of the building.
- Responsible for the management of all service contracts (i.e. flowers, landscaping, windows, janitorial services, equipment maintenance, HVAC, etc.)
- Responsible for monitoring and upholding day-to-day operating procedures that ensure work-place safety.
- Responsible for the inventory and maintenance of menus and menu promotion materials (i.e. fax material, to-go menus, rack card display, etc.)
- Responsible for the successful costing, planning, selling and execution of all special events, large parties and marketing events.
- Responsible for the management if the restaurant?s wine and beverage programs including inventory levels, cost objectives, price points, menu presentation and concept congruency..
- Responsible for providing leadership and being a role model for your fellow managers and all staff members.
- Responsible for the continued development of all managers and chefs by successfully planning and executing weekly one-on-one meetings with them.
- Complete commitment to good management practices by fulfilling business plan objectives by having weekly, period and quarterly priority planning within a structured time management system.
- Responsible for planning and executing weekly, structured manager?s meetings.
- Responsible for managing from and makes all decisions based on Fifth Group?s values, purpose and mission with our guests? and the restaurant?s long term interest in mind.
- Expected to have honest, open communication with staff, managers and owners.
- Responsible for whole-heartedly participating in the creation of and working from the annual business plan.