*This exciting opportunity is located in New Orleans, LA
Our Hilton Garden Inn-French Quarter/CBD is looking for a leader to join the team!
Job Title: General Manager
Supervision Exercised: Hotel Management
Supervision Received: President of HRIL and Area General Manager
Overall management responsibility for hotel operations including profitability, guest services, quality and maintenance of the property, revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and employee satisfaction, development and retention.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the hotel’s standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel, but which will include mandatory daily WBR meeting.
- Comply at all times with the hotel’s standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales, conduct a daily business review meeting focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account calls each person will make and the potential business results of these calls.
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts, including calling on top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Tour the operational department’s daily making adjustments as needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions presented by managers and self, and the review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers, and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels established by HRIL/MWTH, as well as maintaining a standard checkbook accounting procedures.
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required MOD coverage as scheduled.
- Adhere to all HRIL/MWTH (and Brand if applicable) Management policies and train new managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the budget process and strategy sessions as required.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department on a regular basis.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment, which focuses on the guest through employee development and motivation.
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the corporate office monthly, in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure that cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventative maintenance programs with department managers.
- Forecast monthly the hotel’s financial position by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous projected data to generate an accurate re-forecast.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring procedures according to hotel standards.
- Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards of their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant management position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
- Conduct all Executive Committee members performance appraisals according to hotel standards and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Perform any other duties as requested by Corporate Executives.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to hotel standards.
- Meet all clients on the property, including meeting contacts and potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales effort.
- Stay visible in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
- Conduct monthly credit meetings and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules, and become certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum 6-7 years previous experience as a Hotel General Manager in a competitive marketplace
- Renovation/project manager experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.*