Position: General Manager , Homewood Suites , Fossil Creek, Fort Worth, Texas
Esperanto Developments is a dynamic hospitality management company which brings success to all its stakeholders.
We achieve this with a diverse and talented team by exceeding expectations of guests, associates and owners.
We bridge the gap between risk and reward providing tools and confidence to take on bigger and bolder opportunities.
We pride ourselves on building strong partnerships never losing sight that profitability begins with people and relationships.
Esperanto Developments Vision is to be recognized as an innovative market leader changing the hospitality industry. We lead on a path to meaningful growth and make positive impact in the lives of all.
Esperanto Development LLC. Is a leading hotel management company with a premier track record of maximizing profitability and improving asset values for hotel owners. From hotel operations and property management to electronic distribution and interactive marketing, Esperanto Development achieves superior operating results through its strong commitment to guests, associates and owners.
Esperanto Developments is currently seeking a creative, passionate and experienced General Manager. Able to achieve maximum profitability while developing the best of the best to provide exceptional service and ensure memorable guest experience with an eye on operational excellence.
Required Skills and Requisites:
- Must be able to favorably represent Hotel to the guests and the community. Operational knowledge of all phases of the hotel; special knowledge of budget and accounting; sales procedure, proper selection, development and motivation of personnel skills.
- Materials and Products - Directly or indirectly responsible for all products, inventory, and consumable items used in the Inn and the proper preparation and use consistent with the Inn's cost objectives.
- Equipment-Direct and indirect responsibility for all hotel equipment, building, and furnishings.
- Money- Directly and indirectly responsible for all revenues and accounts receivable & enforcement of cash handling procedures.
- Impeccable standards and service expectations. Ability to translate expectations positively to hotel team.
- Leadership qualities. Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment by aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results. Requires the ability to inspire confidence and gain respect of hotel team, industry partners, competitors, and owners.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to convey information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message. Skilled at establishing effective relationships with customers and internal partners; promoting openness, trust and confidence in one's intentions. Requires effective reading, writing and oral comprehension.
- Contemporary, creative mindset. Ability to pro-actively foresee and respond to a diverse, changing environment.
- Ability to effectively partner with internal business alliances to ensure a cohesive and productive culture.
- Hotel General Manager: 2 years
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Budget Management- Assists in developing operating budgets.
- Maintenance of Quality Standards for proper guestroom cleanliness, function room set up and public room set-ups; maintenance of all facilities, service and employee performance. Is required to inspect at least 10 rooms per week.
- Operations Analysis and Department Head Supervision- Analyzes operations and meets with department heads to review the operations and receive their suggestions.
- Develops Department Heads - Selects and trains department heads and keeps them informed of company policies; observes their performance. Delegates responsibilities, holds them responsible for standards set forth by Hotel, and assists them in improving their level of performance.
- Employee Relations - Works with department heads and employees directly and counsels employees when necessary. Establishes programs to improve employee morale and motivation. Delegates work responsibilities in order to best utilize all personnel.
- Forecast and planning - Participates and directs scheduled internal meetings regarding sales, forecasting, quality control, safety, etc.
- Reports- Prepares all reports on a timely basis. Analyzes and states strategies to improve.
- Hotel Building Improvements - Prepares required capital improvements list annually.
- Staffing - Studies and analyzes employee work assignments from which staffing guides are established and approved. Maintains daily check on payroll performance and takes affirmative action to correct high payroll costs. Approves all overtime, both before and after in the case of an emergency or unscheduled requirement. Responsible for properly maintaining employee files. Reviews & submits all payroll in timely fashion.
- Controls Other Expenses - Checks controls and approves all hotel expenses.
- Safety and Sanitation - Inspects the property and implements action to ensure the safety and comfort from fire, injury, or illness due to unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
- Competition - Obtains current, competitive rate information.
- Adheres to all company policies & procedures & brand standards.
At Esperanto Developments, we are dedicated to creating and sustaining meaningful hospitality careers for our associates. We support our associates with highly competitive salaries, outstanding health, benefits, extensive training and development programs, promotion within the organization, and a positive team-based culture where people make the difference.
Esperanto Developments, is an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws, which can include race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or physical or mental disability unrelated to job requirements. Esperanto Development policies also provide for a drug-free workplace, where the use, possession, or influence of illegal drugs or alcohol while on company time is generally prohibited. An employee's use (or abuse) of legally prescribed medication may also implicate company policy, where it impairs judgment or work performance or otherwise creates workplace safety risks.