Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Durham School Services has almost a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to student across the US. Durham is also part of a much larger family along with Petermann, Stock Transportation, Septran, The Provider, TransExpress, Safeway and Smith Bus, who come together as National Express LLC (NELLC). NELLC is one of the leading transportation companies in North America, operating 250 branches and employing 30,000 individuals. As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently seeking a General Manager II for our Customer Service Center (CSC) in Irvine, California.
- Delivers overall performance and results for the CSC.
- Collaborates with company leaders to understand overall business goals and creates a CSC operating plan to support these objectives.
- Ensures the CSC is a "customer-centric" team that is focused on building strong and effective partnerships
- Develops CSC plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges as guided by the Regional Manager and company standard operating procedures and policies.
- Communicates company values, strategies and objectives in an effort to share information and while encouraging feedback and input.
- Review budgets and develop the annual operating plan business review.
- Develop short and long-range business plans to increase incremental business, revenues and margins.
- Directs, coaches and develops CSC staff including Operations Supervisor, Dispatcher, Router, Office Administrator, Driver Maintenance, Charter Coordinator and Safety Supervisor to obtain the required skills and abilities to act independently in their job assignments.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees while demonstrating strong and ethical business practices.
- Creates a culture of safety while providing a high quality of service.
- Identifies key safety issues affecting the safety of passengers and employees and takes corrective action to resolve these concerns
- Meets regularly with school district administrators to review service quality and performance.
- Enhances and builds on current customer relationships to ensure customer retention.
- Works with Regional Vice President and Marketing & Sales department in gathering data and assisting in the sales process in pursuit of new business.
Company name is: Durham School Services
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or related field or 10 years of comparable experience; MBA preferred
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience and P&L oversight
- Proven ability to meet service delivery expectations including customer and safety
- Bi-lingual abilities a plus
- Knowledge of risk assessment to resolve customer issues which do not expose the Company to unnecessary risk.
- Knowledge of the companies, service promise, services, capabilities, policies, procedures and practices to effectively manage CSC personnel.
- Knowledge of customer service best practices to build strong customer relationships
- Knowledge of contract administration principles and practices to develop contractual agreements and/or Requests for Proposal documents.
- Knowledge of leadership and management practices and techniques.
Durham School Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit http://www.durhamschoolservices.com or http://www.nellc.com .
Key Words : Student Transportation Manager, Manager of Student Transportation, Transportation Manager, Transit Manager, Location Manager, Contract Manager, Assistant Transportation Director, Student Transportation Director, Transportation Director, Bus, School Bus, Buses, Coaches, Student, Pupil, Passenger, Charter, Transportation, Transit, Para transit, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, Transport, Route, CMF 88, 88M, 88N, 88Z